Springboard: Re-opening retail post Covid
Springboard, who provide footfall measurement in Blackburn town centre, have released a report on the findings of a recent survey and study on shoppers preferences and concerns in a post-lockdown retail world. If you’d like a copy of the full report just let me know. Some of the key findings are:-
- Shoppers have major reservations concerning safety prior to returning to shopping destinations. (32% are nervous compared to 14% excited.)
- Observing social distancing (29%), limiting the number of people in stores (26%) and the availability of hand sanitisers (22%) are the main elements which would make people feel safer. Face coverings much less so (8%).
- There is a big concern about other people not following the safety measures (36%) and there being long queues to get into shops (32%).
- 20% will be buying fewer items post lockdown and 28% will shop in a more considered way for better quality items in the future.
- The aspects people have missed most during lockdown are: Restaurants/cafes; (32%) Fashion (21%); Entertainment (16%).
- People were asked which type of shopping destination they’d visit post lockdown and how often. High Streets – 42% will visit less often; 45% about the same / Larger towns/city centres – 53% less often; 30% about the same / Retail Parks – 48% less often; 45% about the same / Shopping Centres (indoors) – 51% less often; 32% about the same.
Free Live Webinar: Post Lockdown Retail – How to get Customers Spending Again – Thursday 18 June @ 12pm
Please find below details of a free webinar on Thursday which might be helpful to you.
| LIVE WEBINAR |
THURSDAY 18th JUNE @ 12:00 Sign me up! Fide APl | 4th Floor National House | 60-66 Wardour Street | W1F 0TA | London
Here’s a link to https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6840396495137141264