The government has updated the Self Employment Grant Support Guidance to confirm that you can make your claim for the third grant from 30 November 2020 (that’s when the online service will be available). You must make your claim on or before 29 January 2021 and to make a claim for the third grant your business must have been impacted by coronavirus on or after 1 November 2020. You can make a claim for the third grant if you’re eligible, even if you did not make a claim for the first or second.
To be eligible for the third grant you must be:-
- A self-employed individual or a member of a partnership. You cannot claim the grant if you trade through a limited company or a trust. (If you claim Maternity Allowance this will not affect your eligibility for the grant.)
- You must have traded in both tax years:
- 2018 to 2019 and submitted your Self Assessment tax return on or before 23 April 2020 for that year
- 2019 to 2020
- You must either:
- be currently trading but are impacted by reduced demand due to coronavirus
- have been trading but are temporarily unable to do so due to coronavirus
- You must also declare that:
- you intend to continue to trade
- you reasonably believe there will be a significant reduction in your trading profits
- You must reasonably believe that you will suffer a significant reduction in trading profits due to reduced business activity, capacity or demand or inability to trade due to coronavirus during the period 1 November to 29 January 2021. You must keep evidence that shows how your business has been impacted by coronavirus resulting in less business activity than otherwise expected.
More information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-a-grant-through-the-self-employment-income-support-scheme