We have a couple of updates for you about SEISS open for applications and free career coaching for 18-24 year olds.
Fourth Self Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) now open for online applications
The online service for the fourth SEISS grant is now available here:https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-a-grant-through-the-self-employment-income-support-scheme
Some points to note:
- You must make your claim for the fourth grant on or before 1 June 2021.
- Before you claim, you must make sure you meet all the eligibility criteria.
- To be eligible for the fourth grant you:
- must be a self-employed individual or a member of a partnership. You cannot claim the grant if you trade through a limited company or a trust.
- You must have traded in both tax years:
- 2019 to 2020 and submitted your tax return on or before 2 March 2021
- 2020 to 2021
- You must either:
- be currently trading but are impacted by reduced demand due to coronavirus
- have been trading but are temporarily unable to do so due to coronavirus
- You must also declare that you:
- intend to continue to trade
- reasonably believe there will be a significant reduction in your trading profits
- The fourth grant is calculated at 80% of 3 months’ average trading profits. It will be paid out in a single instalment and capped at £7,500 in total. How much you receive will depend on your average trading profits.
- You can find more information here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-a-grant-through-the-coronavirus-covid-19-self-employment-income-support-scheme
Free Career Coaching for 18-24 year olds
Blackburn BID Member Cummins Mellor are offering any young person the opportunity to apply for a free career coaching session. More details below:
It’s one of the most challenging times for Young People.
Young Peoplehave been disproportionally affected by the pandemic in the last 12 months around job prospects, career pathways and employment opportunities.
Statistics show of the 800, 000 paid jobs lost in the last 12 months
- 63.1% of redundancies went to the under 25’s
- 1 in 5 young people have been unemployed for over a year
- Young people were more likely to have been furloughed.
We want to help!
Commencing April 26th and running until May 28th our team at Cummins Mellor are offering free one to one online career clinic sessions to help young people prepare for future job and career opportunities in the workplace including how to secure a career pathway around:
- Leaving University, college or School
- Kickstarter scheme
- A First Job & work experience
Young people will get one to one support and advice from our expert recruiters around:
- The local Jobs market.
- The current & emerging Skills in demand
- Emerging roles and jobs with employers
- Their key strengths and personal attributes
- Their Values and Motivations
- Their interview presentation & communication skills
We want to help as many young people explore their potential for their future and give direction to help them make an informed choice creating an action plan to success.
Please share this link with any young person who would be interested in securing a free one to one session with our expert team.
Don’t delay, places are limited so demand for the sessions will be high and currently open to application for anyone between 18 -24 years old. T’s&C’ s apply
Young People are the future, let’s do all we can to support.