This Saturday will mark the fourth Paint the Town event in Blackburn.
This exciting visual arts event based in Blackburn town centre, is a challenge to artists of all abilities to create a painting, drawing or other artwork in just ONE day within Blackburn town centre.
All our artists are listed on the map so you can go and take a look at their artwork as it is created on Saturday from 8am.
Please note, locations are approximate. In the event of adverse weather, artist locations may change slightly but they are encouraged to find shelter as close to their location as possible.
Our artists are:
- 1 Christian Bell – Green space across from Blackburn Museum
- 2 Colin Binns – Townscape Heritage Area
- 3 Susan Brazendale – The Bureau
- 4 Pauline C Warriner – 2nd floor, Cobden Court, The Mall
- 5 Kelly Croft – The Boulevard, Railway Road
- 6 Katie-Louise Dolman – The Bureau
- 7 Ann Done – Steps at King George’s Hall
- 8 Paul Edmondson – Cathedral grounds, Darwen St side
- 9 David French – Church Street
- 10 Julian French – Church Street
- 11 Carl Longmate – Cathedral Square
- 12 Emma Lord – Cathedral
- 13 Terry Mace – 2nd floor, Cobden Court, The Mall
- 14 Carina May Culliney – Darwen St entrance to Cathedral
- 15 Janet Mayled – Cathedral grounds by Dandy Walk
- 16 John P McCloskey – Fleming Square
- 17 Anthony Platt – King William Street, opp Cotton Exchange
- 18 Simon Plum – Cathedral
- 19 Carole Pugh – The Bus Station, Church Street end
- 20 Barry R Smith – The Bureau
- 21 Fawziyah Raja – King William Street, opp Cotton Exchange
- 22 Rizwan Riyazuddin – Exchange Street
- 23 Ruckaya Riyazuddin – Exchange Street
- 24 Mike Robinson – Cathedral Square
- 25 Alistair Sinclair Ness – 2nd floor, Cobden Court, The Mall
- 26 Katie Skelton – Blackburn Central Library
- 27 Julia Swarbrick – Cathedral
The Bureau will be hosting a prize-giving and launching an exhibition of the Paint the Town artworks on 7th November 2019.
For more info visit:https://bureaublackburn.co.uk/paintthetown/