The streets of Blackburn were awash with colour – when talented local artists created lasting memories of the town centre.
This year’s Paint the Town 2019, now in its fourth year, provided an exciting painting event based in Blackburn town centre.
Paint the Town was open to artists of all ages and abilities – beginners, amateurs and professionals – to create a painting, drawing or other artwork in just ONE day within Blackburn town centre.
Run by The Bureau Centre for the Arts on 26th October, artists found their chosen location to produce a piece of work and complete it in a day!
Artwork had to be verified and returned to the Bureau the same day, before being judges. A number of fantastic prizes were up for grabs and we are delighted to announce the winners:
The winners were:
- First Prize (£500) – Janet Mayled (View from Dandy Walk)
- Second Prize (£300) – Emma Lord (Cathedral Cloisters)
- Third Prize (£150) – Colin Binns (Northgate)
- Runner Up – Carole Pugh (Ainsworth St)
- Highly Commended – Simon Plum (Cathedral Chairs), Gillian Ousby (Clock Tower) and Christian Bell (Reflections – pin board)