The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) is encouraging business owners and shop workers to take photos in front of their ‘open’ sign this week and post these on their social media channels as part of the #OpenForBusiness Campaign.
To support the campaign, please:
- Take a photo of yourself in front of your reopening business, preferably in front of an ‘Open’ sign
- Post the picture on your social media channels
- Use #openforbusiness
- Tag the Department for Business: Instagram: @beisgovuk / Twitter: @beisgovuk / Facebook: @industrialstrategygovuk
- Tag Blackburn BID: Instagram & Twitter: @blackburn_bid / Facebook: @BlackburnBID
Keeping Customers Safe Beyond COVID-19
Association of Town Centre Management (ATCM) of which Blackburn BID is a member, has joined forces with People 1st International, the company behind WorldHost, to deliver training that ensures customer-facing industries can cope with post-pandemic trading.
The learning is:
- An easily accessible 60 minute e-learning programme
- Adaptable to multiple roles, working environments, sectors or industries
- Applicable in the participants work setting
- Affordable, costing just £5 per person (plus VAT)
It is aimed at front-line staff who come into contact with and have regular interactions with customers, including retail and hospitality staff.
- Personal Protective Equipment in a customer facing role
- Maintaining good personal hygiene
- Behavioural expectations on public transport
- Communicating key information and setting clear boundaries at arrival and entrance
- Greeting customers, guests and visitors
- Adapting the interior environment
- Customer interaction
- Taking payments
- Maintaining facilities and a clean environment
- The importance of being ‘fit for work’
Click Here for Further Information and/or to book on the course.