The Mall Blackburn is gearing up for its first major Easter event for over two years and is looking forward to welcoming little shoppers to its free Wonderland of Fun!
A whole host of activities aimed at making children curiouser and curiouser will take place every day from Sunday 3rd April until Friday 15th April from 11am until 4pm in an elaborately decorated space next to Muffin Break on Market Way.
Following on from Blackburn BID’s Alice in Wonderland inspired celebration on Saturday 2nd April, the experience will give children the chance to let their creativity run wild with crafts that mirror the Wonderland theme.
In addition to the activities, The Mall is working with Secret Santa to collect Easter eggs that will be distributed to families in need this Easter. Donations can be made at The Ask Me Point in Victoria Court.
The Easter schedule is as follows:
- Sunday 3rd: Channeling the Queen of Hearts children will be making wooden heart bookmarks
- Monday 4th: Little makers can get creative with tissue paper and paint to create wonderland pieces of art
- Tuesday 5th: It’s time to get growing by making a White Rabbit plant pot, planting a bulb to take home and nurture
- Wednesday 6th: Who doesn’t love a glitter tattoo? It is time to sparkle!
- Thursday 7th: Time for selfie smiles all round for children making cute Cheshire cat smile masks
- Friday 8th: Stand to attention and get hands on by building playing card guardsman puppets
- Saturday 9th: Glitter tattoos are back in time for the weekend celebrations
- Sunday 10th: Transform a wooden spoon into a snazzy white rabbit puppet
- Monday 11th: Decorate delightful cupcakes with delicious candies
- Tuesday 12th: Design a stunning hanging sun catcher and colour with special glass paint pens
- Wednesday 13th: An Easter make-over is in store with our face painters
- Thursday 14th: Last chance to get creative with glitter tattoos
- Friday 15th: A very Good Friday is on offer with traditional Easter basket design. Everyone that takes part will be entered into a prize draw to win an Alice in Wonderland book.
Loraine Jones, General Manager at The Mall Blackburn, said: “We are absolutely delighted to, once again, be offering free family fun during the Easter break.
“With costs for families rising we want to make sure that parents have an option to keep the kids entertained and we are looking forward to seeing little ones get hands on and creative!
“It is great to be supporting Phil and his wonderful team at Secret Santa with the Easter egg collection and we have already had lots of donations. Every little helps to bring a smile to those who are most in need.”
Secret Santa is a not for profit organisation based in The Mall. In recent years it has expanded from providing Christmas presents to children who would otherwise not receive anything during the festive period to becoming a lifeline for people of all ages and backgrounds and now supports families during Eid, distributes Easter eggs, helps with period poverty, sources prom wear for school leavers, brings lonely people together, organises food and meals for those in need.