Following the Government’s clarification yesterday that it is not imposing local restrictions on Blackburn with Darwen – and the Council’s statement in response – Council leaders have today provided a further update with the latest advice and guidance for residents and businesses. You can find the update here:
Blackburn with Darwen – as in every other part of England – remains in step 3 of the Government’s roadmap.
Currently that means:
- Maximum of 30 people can socialise outdoors.
- Two households or a group of up to six people can mix indoors, including in hospitality settings like pubs.
- Indoor hospitality has reopened – with social distancing remaining in place.
- Up to 30 people can attend weddings, receptions, funerals and wakes.
- Domestic overnight stays including trips to holiday accommodation are allowed for groups of up to 6 or two households.
We currently have more cases than many other areas – mainly related to the variant of concern first identified in India – and so it remains vitally important we all continue to exercise caution and take the necessary steps to protect ourselves.