The government has published further guidance for businesses on the financial support available during the national lockdown restrictions.
You can find the guidance on all the government’s financial support schemes available for businesses here: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/financial-support-for-businesses-during-coronavirus-covid-19
And you can find the newly published guidance available here:
- Check if your business is eligible for a coronavirus grant due to national restrictions (for closed businesses) – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-your-business-is-eligible-for-a-coronavirus-grant-due-to-national-restrictions-for-closed-businesses – It includes that businesses that were open as usual, but then required to close due to national restrictions imposed by government may be eligible for the LRSG (Closed) Addendum schemes:
- from 5 January 2021 onwards
- between 5 November and 2 December 2020
Eligible businesses may be entitled to a cash grant from their local council for each period under national restrictions – these are known as Support Grants in Blackburn with Darwen.
- Check if your business is eligible for the coronavirus Closed Businesses Lockdown Payment – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-your-business-is-eligible-for-the-coronavirus-closed-businesses-lockdown-payment – The Closed Businesses Lockdown Payment (CBLP) supports businesses that have been required to close due to the national restrictions beginning 5 January 2021. These are known as New Lockdown Grants in Blackbuirn with Darwen. Eligible businesses may be entitled to a one-off cash grant of between £6,000 and £9,000 (depending on the business’ rateable value for business rates) from their local council.
Just to confirm, this is not new information or a new grant scheme, it’s just extraguidance for businesses.
In terms of applying for any grants, just a reminder that:
- If you have applied for, and received, a grant for being closed as a result of the lockdown in November 2020 OR applied for and received a discretionary grant for being affected by the government restrictions since November 2020, any grants you are eligible for will be processed and paid automatically by the Council i.e. YOU DO NOT NEED TO APPLY FOR THE LATEST GRANTS in these circumstances.
- If you applied for a Discretionary Grant since November 2020 but your application was rejected, the Council is re-considering those applications to see if the position has changed, and you will be contacted in due course about the outcome.
- If you haven’t applied for a support grant as a result of the November lockdown, or a discretionary grant since November 2020, in order to qualify for the current grants available YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY here: https://blackburn.gov.uk/coronavirus/support-business. Please ensure you have set up an account on the Council website and that you receive a confirmation of your application having been submitted.