The Government has announced that further lockdown easing measures are being postponed in Blackburn with Darwen.
The Council had already decided to delay the re-opening of Council operated leisure centres, pools and gyms until they were confident the number of cases had reduced further and stabilised.
To support the Council’s actions, the Government has now announced that further lockdown easing measures are being postponed in Blackburn with Darwen, (and also in Luton).
It is important to stress that Blackburn with Darwen is not going into local lockdown and this is different to the interventions in Leicester. In fact, these measures are intended to prevent this from happening.
A full list of the affected settings is available at www.gov.uk. The venues which were permitted to open from tomorrow but is now being postponed in Blackburn with Darwen are:
- Indoor fitness and dance studios
- Indoor gyms
- Indoor sports courts and facilities
- Indoor swimming pools and indoor water parks
Further, the businesses that were permitted to open on 1 August and their opening will be delayed are:
- Bowling alleys
- Indoor skating rinks
- Exhibition halls and conference centres
More information is available here: https://theshuttle.org.uk/update-from-the-leader-of-the-council/
Face Coverings have become mandatory for customers in shops, supermarkets, banks and post offices today.
- The ‘Covid-Safe’ Notice has been slightly updated to reflect current guidance, and is available here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/903464/staying-covid-19-secure-2020-230720.pdf