Lancashire Police has a new system which speeds up digital evidence collection, management and sharing to improve how business crime is dealt with.
Your security cameras can help Lancashire Police deter and rapidly solve crime. NICE Investigate is a Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) which makes it easier for businesses and organisations to share digital (often CCTV) evidence with Lancashire Constabulary.
By registering with the system it enables Lancashire Constabulary to request the relevant footage from you via NICE Investigate. You will receive an email notification asking you to provide the relevant footage associated with an investigation.
The footage no longer will need to be downloaded to a memory stick or burnt to a CD. The system enables you to send the footage via an online portal quickly and easily. Register your security cameras with us to streamline information exchange, empower the Police with the evidence needed to bring criminals to justice, and do so more effectively.
Benefits to YOU include:
- Your information is always kept safe and secure and never made public.
- Only authorised Lancashire police personnel can see it.
- This service is provided free of charge, remains 100% voluntary and you can cancel anytime.
- A request to share evidence is sent via email making it quick and easy (no need for disks / USB’s!).
- Most CCTV file types are supported and playable including audio files and documents.
- Add your CCTV cameras to help keep business/communities safer and help our investigations.
- More details on guidance and support is available on request.
For more information visit www.Lancashire.police.uk/contact-us/register-your-camera and we’ve attached some FAQs to assist.
You can register in 5 easy steps:
1. To register your organisation email email@example.com stating your business name and confirming which email address you want to register under.
2. You will receive a link to your designated email address – along with the detailed user guide.
3. Click on the link to access the Community Portal.
4. Select register now, follow the instructions and input the registration details
5. Once Registered select the cameras option from the menu and select the Add New Camera Button – follow the instructions you will have received to add the cameras