The Council have set up special information pages on their website for the Coronavirus Business Support: https://blackburn.gov.uk/business-rates/coronavirus-support-business and residents support https://blackburn.gov.uk/
There is a BwD Help Hub link for if you, or someone you know, needs vital support while isolating at home during the Coronavirus outbreak.
Some important updates for businesses:
- The Council are currently taking steps to identify all eligible ratepayers and award the business support reliefs. All eligible businesses will receive confirmation of their award in early April 2020.
- The Chancellor did announce additional relief for pubs totalling £5,000. However, as Pubs are now specifically included in (and will receive) the 100% retail relief, the £5,000 relief no longer applies.
- Where the Council can, they will award any relief direct to the account. Where they can’t, they will contact affected businesses and will provide updates on their webpage giving advice on how to claim and how to contact them.
- If you think you are eligible, but haven’t heard from the Council by 15 April 2020, please email@example.com
- You do not need to employ rating agents or other organisations outside of the Council to claim the support that is available. These agents will probably take a percentage of any relief or grant they claim on your behalf. Please be extra careful with what you sign and how you respond to organisations that may contact you offering support.
- Small Business grant fund or retail, hospitality & leisure grant applications are now open – If you believe you are eligible for a business support grant please complete the online form & provide the required information. This will help to expedite the process but should not be taken as a guarantee that a grant will be paid. Any grants will be paid through your business bank account. To apply you will need your
- Business rates account number
- Bank account details
- VAT registration number (if applicable)
- Company registration number (if applicable)
- The link to the online form is: https://iweb.itouchvision.com/portal/f?p=1030:110:7860917404180
- Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council are expecting to start making payments of the grant in early April 2020.
- If your business is struggling to pay any outstanding invoices or accounts with the Council, then please get in touch with them as quickly as possible using their online form https://iweb.itouchvision.com/portal/f?p=1030:110:10715196258668