The Government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme is now open for applications.
You can go online to claim the cash grants for furloughed staff worth up to 80% of wages, capped at £2,500 a month per worker. 5000 HMRC staff are operating the scheme.
The link to the application is here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-wages-through-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme
Click ‘Claim now’.
To make a claim, you will need:
- to be registered for PAYE online
- your UK bank account number and sort code
- your employer PAYE scheme reference number
- the number of employees being furloughed
- each employee’s National Insurance number
- each employee’s payroll or employee number
- the start date and end date of the claim
- the full amount you’re claiming for including employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum pension contributions
- your phone number
You also need to provide either:
- your Corporation Tax unique taxpayer reference
- your Self Assessment unique taxpayer reference
- your company registration number
If you are furloughing more than 100 employees you will need to download a file with your employees details (follow the instructions on line).
You can check if you can claim here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-wage-costs-through-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme
And you can get guidance and an online calculator to calculate your claim here: