Lancashire (including all wards of Blackburn with Darwen but excluding Blackpool), has been escalated to areas of intervention by the Government.
In Merseyside, Warrington, Halton and Lancashire (excluding Blackpool and Greater Manchester), regulations will enforce the following restrictions from Tuesday 22 September:
- Residents must not socialise with other people outside of their own households or support bubble in private homes and gardens
- Hospitality for food and drink will be restricted to table service only*
- Late night operating hours will be restricted, with leisure and entertainment venues including restaurants, pubs, and cinemas, required to close between 10pm to 5am
*There isn’t more detail about this yet, but if it is in line with the restrictions in place for the North East, it may clarified as follows: ‘Hospitality venues must only sell food and drink for consumption on the premises if it is served to customers sitting at a table.
They may also sell food and drink for consumption off the premises. Hospitality venues include restaurants, including hotel dining rooms and members’ clubs, cafes (not including cafes or canteens at workplaces, hospitals, care homes, schools, prisons, establishments intended for the use of naval, military or air force purposes and for providing food or drink to the homeless), bars including bars in hotels or members’ clubs, pubs, social clubs, casinos.’
Residents are also advised to adhere to the following guidance to further reduce rates of infection:
- Only to use public transport for essential purposes, such as travelling to school or work
- Avoid attending amateur and semi-professional sporting events as spectators
The above does not apply to Bolton or Greater Manchester where separate restrictions are already in place.
Individuals who are shielding in parts of north-east Blackburn (8 wards are under local restrictions) will no longer need to from 5 October, bringing these wards into line with the rest of Blackburn with Darwen where shielding is already due to pause from 21 September.
The full press release can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/restrictions-for-more-areas-in-north-west-west-yorkshire-and-midlands-to-tackle-rising-infection-rates
There hasn’t been any guidance released as yet.