With new National Restrictions being introduced from this Thursday until 2 December, we wanted to let you know what we will be working on during the next few weeks to support you:
- BID Security Patrols will be operating every morning to check on temporarily closed premises and support essential retailers and businesses still operating.
- We are having the Crime Prevention stickers for empty premises printed again and our Security Officer will affix them to the front of temporarily closed premises
- If your premises will be closed and Catherine Price, Blackburn town centre BID Manager, don’t have your contact details (or contact details for a key holder) please let me have them asap so that we can contact you if there are any issues with your property.
- There will be another ‘Ask the Experts: Live Q&A’ this Thursday, 10am to 12pm at www.blackburnbid.co.uk/coronavirus-qa/ in partnership with the Hive BwD business network and Blackburn with Darwen Council, with help and support from experts including Blackburn with Darwen Council, DWP/JobCentrePlus, Boost Business Lancashire, Forbes Solicitors & Napthens Solicitors. Please log on to ask your question before and during the session and our experts will be on hand to provide advice and guidance.
- We will be issuing positive comms across our digital platforms, sharing town centre businesses’ posts, and supporting engagement with the town centre and our businesses as much as possible.
- If you are closing but will be providing services in some form during the lockdown e.g. click & collect, delivery, online shopping, gift vouchers for when you re-open, please let me know so that we can include the details on the Experience Blackburn App and we can promote this as much as possible.
- If you will be open but operating under new trading hours or other conditions please let me know so that we can include the details on the Experience Blackburn App and we can promote this as much as possible.
- We will continue to send out regular updates and we are here to help you with any questions or concerns you have. If you would like to add an alternative email address to Catherine’s mailing list to send updates to during lockdown, please let her know.
- The Believe in Blackburn town centre projection mapping installation at Blackburn Town Hall is still going ahead (and projecting from 4.45pm until 10pm every evening from today). The projections will be in place until early January. Taking account of the new lockdown (the programme was always designed to cope with extra restrictions being brought in), we will be:
- Making sure the projections are able to be viewed online
- Promoting the projections responsibly (they can be viewed in person by anyone having their daily exercise, visiting essential services etc..and otherwise online)
- Extending the Blackburn Festival of Light projections into December
- Not starting the trail which accompanies the Believe in the Magic of Blackburn town centre book and projection until December (this is an outdoors trail)
- The launch of the children’s book will take place as a facebook live event (this was always the case) and the book will be available to buy online.
- If there’s anything else we can do to help you just let Catherine know.
We will send out separately some advice if you are closing your business premises for the next 4 weeks.