Prime Minister Boris Johnson is giving a briefing this evening regarding the introduction of further restrictions to deal with the Omicron variant of Covid-19.
He has confirmed that:
- The work from home guidance is to be reintroduced, so that from Monday you should work from home if you can.
- From this Friday the requirement to wear face coverings will be extended to more indoor public venues such as theatres and cinemas, although there will be exemptions where this is not practicable such as for eating or drinking.
- From next week, the Covid-19 pass (two vaccinations) or negative lateral flow test will become mandatory for entry to nightclubs and venues where large crowds gather in England.
- This will include:
- Unseated indoor venues with more than 500 people
- Unseated outdoor venues with more than 5,000 people
- Any venue with more than 10,000 people
We’ll bring you more information when we have it.