In partnership with Alcohol Concern, BwD Council’s Public Health Team are offering Blackburn BID Members the opportunity to attend the award winning Blue Light Training Course that offers an innovative approach to supporting and motivating high impact dependent alcohol drinkers. The course is aimed at helping participants (e.g. business owners, managers, supervisors, team leaders) who may, as part of their work, encounter people with alcohol problems (e.g. a staff member or colleague), to be able to work more effectively with and support those people.
The full day training will be delivered online via Zoom with a date to be confirmed.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
• Identify staff / colleagues / customers / clients who need support
• Understand the rationale for attempting to intervene with someone who needs help
• Understand in greater detail the physical and psychological effects of alcohol
• Be able to use the ‘assessing barriers to change’ framework
• Understand the range of techniques available for use with someone who needs help including risk management, nutrition and harm reduction approaches
• Formulate a realistic intervention plan
If you would like more information and/or to attend this training then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org