Blackburn BID Manager, Blackburn
37 hrs per week | Permanent
£33,754 p/a, rising to £38,108 p/a
We have an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual looking to further their career and drive positive change in Blackburn’s award winning town centre.
Newground CIC, a social enterprise and member of Together Housing Group, is the accountable body for the Blackburn Town Centre Business Improvement District (BID).
Following a successful BID renewal ballot we are looking for an innovative and inspiring individual to manage all aspects of the BID. This includes the development, implementation and monitoring of initiatives under the BID’s priority themes – Marketing & Events, Safe & Secure and the Environment.
The postholder will report directly to the Newground Managing Director and the BID Executive Board.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
- Develop and deliver the BID business plan, ensuring appropriate performance standards and targets are met;
- Engage with stakeholders to seek out new opportunities and develop innovative projects and services which meet stakeholder needs;
- Maintain effective communication with stakeholders;
- Operate within the framework of a quality management system.
Your current experience should consist of:
- Experience of managing project and service delivery, ideally in a town centre environment;
- Knowledge and understanding of the key issues facing town centres;
- Experience of managing significant budgets with an understanding of funding processes;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to produce clear and concise written reports;
- Experience of managing and motivating stakeholders, inspiring a culture which reflects our vision for the town centre;
- A quality driven approach.
A full UK driving licence is required along with access to a car insured for business use, as travel is an essential part of the role.
In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes; 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays.
A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies.
Great new comfortable and modern offices.
A huge scope of personal development opportunities.
A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefits as well.
For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme.
Deadline for applications is 21st January 2019. Interviews will be held Friday 1st February 2019 in Blackburn.
The application process will require you to submit a CV and covering letter outlining why you are the ideal candidate for the role.
Together Housing Group is an Investor in People organisation.
For further information on Blackburn BID visit www.blackburnbid.co.uk