We know that some of our BID members have been affected by bereavement and loss over the last 12 months, either directly or through colleagues and customers.
We wanted to let you know about a 1 hour Bereavement and Loss Awareness Webinar via Zoom, hosted by Cruse Bereavement Care UK, taking place tomorrow, for which there are lots of places available.
This Seminar is free to attend and open to anyone working within BwD so please feel free to pass to any colleagues who may benefit.
Date: Thursday 2nd December
The aim of the session is to help you understand how bereavement impacts individuals, families, organisations and communities – and the support available. The webinar has been designed to boost the knowledge and confidence of people who encounter bereaved people in the course of their jobs or voluntary roles.
By the end of the 1 hour webinar, the participants will:
- Have a brief introduction to the grieving process and have some high level understanding of the two main models that Cruse use to support bereaved people
- Have started to think about the impact of loss and bereavement on individuals, families, organisations and communities
- Have been reminded of the core communication skills they can use to improve how they communicate with bereaved people
- Understand some simple things that they can do when interacting with bereaved people – what to say and what not to say.
- Developed awareness of support organisations (other than Cruse)
Please register here: Thursday 2nd December
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about how to join the meeting.
During the seminar, we will be talking about death and grief and some people find that it brings up difficult or upsetting thoughts or emotions linked to their own experience of bereavement. This is normal and understandable.
If you have had a recent significant bereavement, please take a moment to consider if it is the right time for you to attend this webinar.