As a Blackburn BID member there are lots of ways you can take part in helping the town centre revive and thrive.
Executive Board Members
Each year the Executive Board approves a 12 month business plan based on the annual objectives set out by the five year plan in the BID business plan voted for by the potential BID levy payers in 2018.
The Executive Board meets for approximately 2 hours on a bi-monthly basis to discuss town centre issues and the delivery of the business plan. The BID Manager reports in to this meeting where the members receive reports and proposals from the steering groups and progress updates and priority issues for lobbying.
Board Members may be asked to represent the BID at wider town centre meetings and events and be asked to make statements on behalf of the BID.
There are three main Working Groups, made up of BID levy payers and representatives of town centre organisations.
BID members are actively welcomed and invited to take part and have their say in any of the groups below. For details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Levy Payers are businesses within the designated BID area with a rateable value of £10,000 and above. Levy invoices are issued in January each year with a copy of the previous year’s annual report and details of the AGM.
- Entitled to be nominated for the Executive BID Board
- Listing on the BID directory and free advertising
- Free advice and access to the dedicated BID town centre reporter who will write good news copy and take photographs for the BID Website, to promote via social media and to send to news outlets.
- Membership of the BBAC (Blackburn Business against Crime) & opportunity to obtain radio with link to town centre security and police.
- Opportunities for free training courses
- Invitation to town centre discussions, meetings and promotional events and previews
- Reduced advertising rates and vouchers printed in BID marketing materials, shopping and events guides
- Shopping District meetings to discuss localised issues and promotional opportunities
- BBAC training, updates and anti-social behaviour forums
Be Part of It!
Are you a town centre trader within the BID area but not currently large enough to pay a levy?
To receive all the benefits above, why not become a Voluntary Levy Payer by making a minimum annual donation of £50? To apply please email email@example.com or download the application form here