The Blackburn Business Improvement District will be holding their Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Wednesday 26th February 2020 at the University Centre Theatre at Blackburn College.
The AGM will begin at 4.30pm with a buffet and networking in the atrium. Business representatives are invited to network and engage with key agencies in Blackburn Town Centre.
This is an opportunity to gain information regarding the town centre’s priorities and provide an insight into how to develop your own business by working with others within the BID community.
Representatives confirmed to attend include:
- Blackburn Businesses Against Crime (BBAC)
- Town Centre Policing Team
- Blackburn College
- Blackburn Cathedral Flower Festival
- Inspire Adults Prevention and Recovery Service
- BwD Council Community Safety Team
- BwD Council Regeneration
- Blackburn Youth Zone
- The Bureau Centre for the Arts and Blackburn Festival of Light
- Blackburn Rovers Community Trust
- Newground Sustainable Communities
The AGM will commence at 5.30pm with a welcome from Nicola Clayton, Chair of Blackburn Town Centre BID.
Attendees will be given an overview of activity during 2019 for Blackburn BID, the auditors report from Beevers and Struthers, a look at 2020 from Catherine Price, the Blackburn BID Manager, an overview of Town Centre Policing in 2020, and a look at Blackburn Town Centre in 2020 from Councillor Phil Riley, Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council.
The Executive Board Election will take place before a final presentation and Q&A. The meeting is expected to finish around 6.30pm.
All welcome to attend.