BBC Radio Lancashire are recognising those in the county that go the extra mile and make a real difference to the lives of others.
Nominations are being sought in various categories which are designed to reward everything from being a good neighbour to inspirational teachers; and their contribution to life in Lancashire.
The categories are:
• Volunteer of the Year Award – Awarded to a person or group who make a real difference to the community by giving up their time voluntarily to help out a charity or good cause.
• Blue Light Award – Awarded to a member of the emergency services for going over-and-above in the line of duty.
• Carer Award – Awarded to someone who improves the life of an individual or group of people by caring for them on a regular basis.
• Good Neighbour Award – Awarded to an individual or group that helps make the neighbourhood or local community a better place to live or work, either on a regular basis or through a single act of kindness.
• The Education Award – Awarded to a member of the education sector for outstanding commitment to their profession.
• The Ben Ashworth Award for Fundraising – Awarded to an individual or group who has gone the extra mile to raise funds for a charity or good cause.
• The Courage Award – Awarded to an individual or group who have shown bravery or demonstrated an act of great courage in the face of adversity.
• Community Project of the Year Award – Awarded to an innovative project that has helped to genuinely changed the lives of others within the community.
• The Companionship Award – Awarded to an individual or group that has gone out of their way to help combat loneliness or social isolation within the older community.
• The BBC Radio Lancashire Community Hero Award – Awarded by the BBC Radio Lancashire team to a truly remarkable person who regularly goes out of their way to improve local life for the Lancashire community.
Nominees will be invited to a glittering awards ceremony at Preston’s Guild Hall on September 16th 2018, with special guest judges presenting the awards. There’s also entertainment from some very special guests.
To nominate go to bbc.co.uk/radiolancashire, where you can also see full terms and conditions.
Entries can also be submitted by post to: BBC Radio Lancashire, 20-26 Darwen Street, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB2 2EA. The closing date for entries is midnight on Tuesday 3rd April 2018.