Come to see 24 Laundromat at the launch event at Morrisons, Blackburn on Saturday, February 3rd, 2018, between 11.00am and 2.00pm.
The team of advisers onsite will be there to answer any questions and demonstrate how to use the machines. There will be refreshments available and we are running a special launch offer. On the day, between 11am-6pm, the first 100 washes are free.
The pilot launderette in Blackburn was opened in September 2017. The Finnish launderettes are linked to the leading supermarkets, locating in their premises for value added services. The same concept has been applied in the UK, where Morrison Supermarkets Plc became their first business partner and landlord.
The Finnish parent company (24 Pesula Oy) of 24 Laundrette UK Ltd (www.24laundromat.com) was established in Finland by the 7 Nevala family brothers, who all had a keen interest in technology from a young age. The totally new washing machines designed by Nevala brothers are based on the external supplier’s body and engine but with their own design and operational software.
As Finland is a small market for bigger business growth, the search for international opportunities came to the picture and the UK appeared at the top of the list. The UK launderettes have been around for decades and people are using them regularly. But for various reasons in the UK, the investments in the modern technology have been limited and both serviced and self-service launderettes are running on ageing machines.
The key competitive advantages of the 24 Laundromat concept and technology are:
- eco-friendly A++ rated machines; 30 minute cycles and max 30 litres of water
- eco-friendly, unscented and allergy tested detergent dispensed automatically
- different washing programmes available, including programmes for down products
- different machine sizes available e.g. giant washer up to 2 double or king size duvets
- a specific rug machine which can also be used for pet beds
- card payments only, easy to use and no coins needed
- laundry done whilst shopping; no need for a separate trip to a laundrette
- modern, clean, light and safe premises
- long opening hours, the same as Morrisons supermarket